Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012!

This next year there are going to be a lot of changes in my life, well mainly just one big one, but it will change so much around me. I'm not sure with having a newborn how much of the year I will remember, so I have opted out of making resolutions, but here are some things I want to either accomplish or work on.

1. BE MORE INTENTIONAL

Sometimes my days are just checking things off my list of things that need to be done. I have been blessed with an amazing family and just moved to a new neighborhood and I want to purpose in my heart to serve those around me.

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.   Matthew 5:14-16

a few of my blessings!

2. INVITE PEOPLE OVER MORE


We recently just purchased our first home and were blessed with a space that we can accomodate more than just our family. We want to be able to have friends over more, and strangers, and people that live around us.

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.  Romas 12:9-13


3. FINISH PAINTING DOWNSTAIRS

A project I started and finished just enough for the holidays. Now with holiday decorations coming down this is a project that probably should be finished. Oh and I am hoping that "nesting" will happen soon so I can work on my boys room and the nursery!


4. BE MORE LIGHT HEARTED

It is so much easier for me to have fun once my list of things are done... that's probably not the best way to live, right? No, it's not! I have the opportunity to help serve in the high school group at my church and I love the way they remind how fun can be had in most situations.


5. NOT BE AFRAID TO TRY NEW THINGS

This has been something that the Lord has worked on in my heart for the past year and a half. I have grown so much in this, but I pray to always continue growing in this. God created a unique person in all of us and it is so much fun getting to learn who that person is.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!



-Erin
linking with
five days five ways | 5 Things Thursday

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I LOVE it Erin!!! You are amazing and it is awesome to see all the amazing changes God has done in your life and how He's BLESSED you as you seek Him first and lay down Your life:o) Keep up the great work and please let me know what I can do to help you. We are to serve one another in love!!!
    P.S. I can participate in #2;o) Lol
    Love you so much dear friend!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have you over anytime, Joy! You are a constanst encouragement to me! Love you!

    ReplyDelete