Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Blessed

So today was a day where nothing was so terrible, but nothing seemed to go just right either. It's days like today that I am so grateful to be living for something greater than myself. Taking every stress and concern and being able to surrender it all to a God that loves me and delights in me is such a great gift. There is nothing that has changed in my circumstances, but the burdens are not mine to carry.

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Psalm 55:12

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:29


Tonight I rest in these truths and am so encouraged and filled by them!


-Erin

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that you are seeking God for comfort during hard days! :)

    ReplyDelete