Wednesday, January 4, 2012

27 weeks and back to basics

I would never describe or consider myself trendy or on the edge of fashion, or anything like that, but I am learning what my personal style is. A couple of years ago I found myself wearing things that did not flatter at all and all looked the same... pretty gross. I became a mom at 21 and never learned my style before my body had changed forever, and then I was really lost. For my 28th birthday a friend took me shopping and I wasn't allowed to buy anything I normally would have gotten. I started doing really well and not finding the most trendy or stylish things, but getting things that fit who I am. That was until I found out I was pregnant (2 days before my 29th birthday) and everything I had learned disappeared. Must be that pregnancy brain. My wardrobe options are obviously very limited, but one thing I love is cuffing my jeans with flats. I know it is winter and I live in the Pacific Northwest where it rains a lot, but just cuffing my jeans this morning and putting on one of my favorite non-maternity tops, brought me back, even if just a little.

I should have tugged my coat down just a little


*this posting pictures of myself  thing is still so scary!



-Erin



linking with

pleated poppy

9 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! Love the shirt and jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Also thanks for the prayer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that top on you! it is such a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it! The top is so cute and you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for stopping by our blog and leaving a comment! super cute outfit and even cuter belly! we would love for you link up to our party on sunday "sunday best dressed" we are looking for some inspiration on things to wear to church, so if you have any skirts or dresses you would like to share please come join us! hope to see you sunday!

    -chelz
    griffithsrated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous that you can fit into anything non-maternity at 27 weeks. I feel seriously frumpy!

    And don't be nervous about posting pictures of yourself--you are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the niceness!

    Jessica you do not look frumpy at all! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is for me too! But girl, you look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete