Tuesday, January 24, 2012

30 weeks and trying

Last night (along with many others) I was not able to sleep much. I was awake from about 3am on. When my husband asked if I slept well I responded with, "Does it look like I slept?" he replied so sweetly, "You do look like you got rest."

Normally I would think, oh great, I look this bad when I get rest! But this morning it made me feel special that my husband sees me one way, beautiful. It doesn't matter if my face is swollen, my eyes are watery, my nose is runny, my hair is a mess, and I haven't slept well in months, and yes I have a cold, he sees beyond that.




So I tried this morning to get ready the best I could, even though you can still tell I am sick... lucky for me, my husband loves when my hair is up in a ponytail! As he left he also told me that he wanted me to try as hard as I can to just rest. And I know that by the time he gets home my make-up will be all rubbed off from blowing my nose, my hair will look even worse, and I may or may not have food spilled on me, but my husband will not notice any negative thing. I do realize how lucky I am to have him!

He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favor from the LORD.  Proverbs 18:22

I feel this verse applies in reverse as well. I am overjoyed with the favor that the LORD has shown me today!


-Erin

pleated poppy

7 comments:

  1. I think your the most gorgeous pregnant woman ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the picture you look like a beautiful, pregnant woman. I love the color of your eyes, they are special.

    So beautiful that you write positively about your husband. We women must do that more often. Thank you for your good example and greetings from here, Holland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Holland! Thank you so much for the very kind words.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous pictures, and wow your husband is amazing! I can only hope to find someone just as awesome for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look wonderful! What you write about your husband is so sweet. I will take from you a lesson in speaking more kindly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute-love that top! Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious pregnant mother you are! I love your uplifting spirit; it shines thorugh your smile even though you don't feel well.

    ReplyDelete