Monday, January 30, 2012

accomplished

These days it doesn't take much for me to feel accomplished, but I still get excited about fun projects getting done.

I had a moment to paint some decorating accessories that haven't been used in awhile. We have an empty bookshelf, mantel, and needed a small basket for storage... and more, but I had this stuff on hand. While getting necessities at Target I saw some decor in a lovely color, but I really want to use what I have before I buy anything.

We recently painted our dining room in a similar color to the decor I saw, so I decided to try it out on my unused items.









and just for fun



I am loving the way they now coordinate and help fill our space. I only have to add a few finishing touches and then the room will be done!

There is another painting project I am currently working on, I hope to be able to reveal it later this week.




-Erin






7 comments:

  1. I love it!! You have definitely turned drab --> fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! This DIY phase has just been absolutely fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i luv all the new colors! i luv when i can use something i already have. great job!
    ps. thanks for stopping by my post the other day (i'm still trying to figure out how to get the reply button to show up on my comments, lol)! your comment made me realize (ok really concreted) the fact that I know I have a huge oppurtunity in my neighborhood to share about Jesus, but I've hidden behind the fact that I don't know my neighbors. I'm going to try and meet and get to know one neighbor a month, no more hiding (i mean we have been here for 6 yrs!). Thanks for delivering the message!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! We can encourage each other to step out of our shyness!

      Delete
  4. Thank you all for the encouragement. I love to DIY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. Thanks for the inspiration to turn old into new! I'm off to scour the garage. :0

    ReplyDelete