Thursday, January 26, 2012

Are you for REAL?

With all this sharing every week, soon all my secrets will be out!


1. I was sooooo shy as a child I didn't speak in school until the second half of first grade.

And at that point it was very quiet and only selectively. My mom used to have to go in and take my tests with me, while I would whisper my answer to my mom, she would repeat it to my teacher.


2. I always wanted 4 boys

Which is blowing my mind, that I will soon have 4 boys! It will be crazy, but seriously there are no others that can melt my heart the way these boys can.


3. I can't run long distances... or even short ones...

About a year ago the women at the church were challenged to devote their physical well being to Christ and exercise their bodies. One goal was training to run or walk a half marathon. I decided to start training and went between walking and running.

 I didn't feel aptly prepared to do a half, but I did a 5K. Which is not much to a lot of people, but it was a lot for me. My whole family was so supportive. I stopped training shortly after, but I plan on slowly starting up again after the baby is born. I am nervous but excited to really give it a go.

My boys were so proud of my small accomplishment. I love them!


4. I love painting my nails

I own a lot of nail polishes and it is therapeutic for me. I love to try crazy colors, it is probably the way I am most daring. A new nail polish can seriously make my day!


5. My husband is the only one I ever dated

I remember in high school I was wondering if I would ever have a boyfriend. I'm sure my shyness didn't help. Everyone would tell me that I would be a lucky one and meet the right one the first time around and not ever have to deal with all the heartbreak stuff.

They were right, the summer after I graduated high school I met and started dating my husband. I am so grateful my heart was protected from previous relationships.

He is amazing and he brings out the me in me. I never feel more natural and myself than when I am around him.

Our first kiss as husband and wife! Almost 9 years ago!



I am linking up again with
five days five ways | 5 Things Thursday
because it is just fun, you should do it too!


-Erin

5 comments:

  1. Isn't painting your nails fun colors the best?! It IS very therapeutic, I agree. Then for a couple of days it makes me feel so sassy walking around with cute nails. lol. That's so sweet that your husband is the only one you dated. God definitely protected your heart! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv it! i so feel you on the shyness, we could be souls sistas on that one! that is amazing to run anything and i luv how your boys are so darned excited for you. I luv all the new amazing colors that they have now, and walgreens carries a brand Sinful - they are $2 each and a huge aray of colors (not the best quality but nicer on the pocket book when you realize that your freckled self should not wear coral tha OPI - then I go and get the better ones when i find one i absolutely luv!). Thats cool to know that I'm not the only one to date only my hubby or less than one handful of people.I used to think that I was the only one! I luv reading your blog and so happy for you to have your 4 boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Besides 2 and 5, I'm just the same! Congratulations to you and your husband! I wish my story could've turned out like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. i meant to tell you, i about shot coffee on my screen when you said you started reading with a southern accent!! luv it! pps. i would hit reply on my blog but i can't find a "reply" button on my blog under the comments. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love it! Glad you saw the humor and not the weirdness. It has been so fun getting to know you!

      Delete