Thursday, January 19, 2012

dreams

A couple of years ago I went to a bible study on the book of Ruth lead by our pastor's wife. She is so full of wisdom and is a great communicator. She also writes a blog.

Anyway she talked about dreams and how it is important to have them and that no matter how far fetched they seem, to work for these dreams and you may be surprised.

These are some dreams that I have

1. Travel To Europe

I have this little fantasy of traveling by train through the countryside of Europe with my husband. It sounds oh so romantic and fun to me.

2.Write Something Meaningful For My Family

Never being one that has ever even had a journal, I would love to be able to write down things... life lessons, recipes, really anything important to pass down to the future generations of my family.

3. Make My House A Home

I am obsessed with HGTV. I love pretty things and more importantly making my house a home. We just bought our first home about 3 months ago, so I am able to release a little of this now, but I am a little limited physically due to this little guy growing inside of me.

4. Adopt

I have been beyond fortunate and blessed being able to have children. Having had 2 miscarriages, I do realize it is not easy for every woman to just have a baby. I also have loved the idea of welcoming a child into this family through adoption. It is a desire that is on my and my husbands heart, so we will continue to pray and follow the Lord's leading in this.

5. Be Myself

That isn't always easy for me, I am still learning who I am. I do hope I am always changing and growing though. My faith is who I am and it sets the path for the wife, mother, friend, etc. that I am. I can see the great and unique ways each of my boys are, and I want to show them that each one of us has a special plan and if we use the gifts we are given, great things can happen. So I must show by being my quirky, silly, soft spoken, but often funny self.


There are so many more things I can think of, but we will stop here for now. I would love to hear any dreams that you have. It is fun to dream and look back on the dreams that come to fruition!

-Erin

five days five ways | 5 Things Thursday

6 comments:

  1. What fantastic goals. Especially Europe by train, that's always been a dream of mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. erin - thanks so much for stopping by, reading and commenting! i just read yours and i can so relate to #5. i really luved your grateful post also, i'm a follower now! can't wait to dig around in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been branching out, I guess it's also ignoring the fear too... :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Erin, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your encouraging comment! Your dreams sound lovely! I've always wanted to go to Europe too...one day! A romantic train trip would be nice! Congratulations on buying your house! When we first bought our own place, I finally realised that I could decorate and make it something to love instead of something to live with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great way of putting it! I am excited with each idea my husband and I come up with and even more excited we have the freedom to do it.

      Delete