Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Grace

Such a powerful word with so many meanings. I was just sitting here thinking about how much grace has been poured over me and how I want to share the same grace with others.

He who loves purity of heart
And has grace on his lips,
The king will be his friend
Proverbs 22:11

More specifically I was thinking grace with speech. Don't you just love being around people that are so gracious that even bad news doesn't sound bad?! I want to be able to communicate an honest gratitude and love to people I am around.

Sometimes my shyness gets in the way of saying what I want to say, even if it will build a person up. Crazy, I know!

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.   
John 1:14

Ahh, I love it! Purity of heart, grace on his lips, full of grace and truth, what an uplifting way to be. I am excited to be able to put this into practice more intentionally!

If there is anything on your heart I would love to hear about it!



-Erin

2 comments:

  1. Oh I would love that too! I'm sure it'll take a lot of hard work and time with God. I'll be praying for you and your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will take work, but for sure worth it. :) I'll be praying for you too!

      Delete