Sunday, January 15, 2012

search my heart

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties Psalm 139:23

My life is incredibly blessed, but unless I am willing to see my errors and work to change them, I will never grow. It is so much better for things to be searched out and changed before I wrongly treat those around me.

Like mentioned here I am intentionally working on gentleness. It helps to have this reminder on the forefront of my mind. At times I have been able to catch myself before my tone turns nasty, but I have also noticed that there is also much room for improvement. I don't want my children to carry the scars of my mistakes.

A soft answer turns away wrath,
But a harsh word stirs up anger.  Proverbs 15:1

This is something that I am constantly reminding and trying to teach my boys. My favorite way to teach them is to model it. Sometimes situations can be hard, but I want them to see a mom that lives out her faith.

There are so many things I can just tell them about or even tell them to do, but I want to just tell them, I want to show them. This coming week will probably carry some surprises, and with those surprises will come opportunities for growth.

It may not always be easy, but the reward is great. I am so encouraged for the start of this week!

but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.  Matthew 6:20


-Erin

linking with

and

3 comments:

  1. So proud! I'm in a same spot in my life. Just trying to change a few things I know make me unhappy. Thanks for the encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fitting challenge for me as I know my kids model what they see and hear. . .I too am encouraged to start this week--thank God for his grace daily and I love seeing other people's hearts through their writing so I know I'm not the only one struggling: ) Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete