Monday, January 2, 2012

Thoughts

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:5

I have a tendency to be a day dreamer. Sometimes it works in my favor and I am able to channel it into being creative or carrying out a vision. Sometimes my thoughts can be a huge distraction if I don't remember to, "take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

When someone says something that annoys me, or I let the fear of whatever to creep in, or even letting my selfish or materialistic desires become goals, I pray that the Lord would search my heart and reveal to me how to make my thoughts pleasing to him.

Life is not only more bearable, but more enjoyable when thoughts are kept in check. We are more open to notice and appreciate the good things around us. My children are far too precious and fun to let my "thoughts" get in the way of soaking up every second of goodness I have with them!



-Erin

1 comment:

  1. My head works in the same way. It's almost impossible to focus on one thing at a time. I'll say a little prayer for you tonight!

    ReplyDelete