Sunday, February 26, 2012

getting ready for baby

Tomorrow I will be 35 weeks along. This pregnancy has gone by both quick and slow, but as we get closer to the day we get to meet this little guy things seem to be going fast.

We started clearing out a lot of toys that are not really played with anymore and will soon go through all the boys clothes. It seems like such a daunting task, but the end result is always worth it.

Around Christmastime our youngest moved up to a big boy bed, and he and our middle are now sharing a room.

I have amazing friends that will be giving me a baby shower in a couple of weeks. Even though this is baby #4, it is so nice to have a group that wants to celebrate this blessing along with me!

Since we recently moved into our new house, we have no decorated 'nursery' so a overambitious goal is to get the baby's room painted. I have plenty ideas, but I need a little more focused direction.

I think I have decided on these sheets and we will do a mesh bumper. We like to keep things simple, so that helps with me being a little behind in things. *smile*

We are having so much fun dreaming and thinking of how things will change with this new little one.

 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.  Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.
James 1:17-18

I am excited to meet you little man!




-Erin

2 comments:

  1. i'm so happy for y'all!! i'll be praying for a great delivery, and peaceful sailing to and after. it is nice to have people to go thru such a wonderful blessing and help you celebrate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those sheets. Gray is my color right now. Baby is so cute!

    ReplyDelete