Monday, March 19, 2012

38 weeks

As I see that title I am speechless! To be so close to finally meeting this sweet little boy is overwhelming in so many ways, mostly good!

This pregnancy has been a mix of one of the easiest and hardest ones I have experienced. I found out I was pregnant the day we left for a vacation to go and see family. I wanted to take a pregnancy test because we were going to be going to Disneyland and I wanted to make sure and only go on safe rides if needed. Well much to my shock (and suspicion) it was positive!

My husband and I had decided around the time that our youngest was 6 moths old, that we felt finished having children. Much to our surprise about 3 months later I found out I was pregnant. With a history of miscarriage I called the doctor as soon as I found out so we could check all the levels. Though many blood tests it was confirmed I was pregnant, but things were not flowing as seamless as they should. Within the month signs of miscarriage started to show, and I did indeed have to say bye to that baby for now.

The Lord used that greatly in our life and had changed our hearts to be open to what He had planned, not what we felt comfortable with. We were not going to intentionally "try" but we were going to continue to pray about it and let the Lord do the leading.

It was about a year later when I found out I was pregnant with this little guy and one of the biggest blessings in the beginning was being on vacation. I was 1000 miles away from my doctors care and was able to enjoy knowing life was growing inside of me, without having the stress of blood tests and exams. By the time I had my first appointment I was far enough along to distinguish numbers and see a heartbeat! I know from past experience that a heartbeat now doesn't mean a heartbeat later, but there are very few things in life that are better than seeing that tiny pulsing dot on a screen.

During this time we were also searching for a home to buy. That process was a little more involved and took longer than we had planned, but we knew God had the perfect house for us, and he did! Just in God's way that door wasn't opened until the very last minute. We had 30 days left on our lease and the home we bought came on the market that day. We put in an offer and it was accepted that day!

I was not feeling well from taking progesterone, but still making it though. I was zapped of energy, but somehow we managed to get moved into our new house and out of the one we were renting.

There have been so many emotional ups and downs and sooooo many opportunities for learning! I think I have grown more in my relationship with Jesus and have been tested in different ways. I am not one that easily enjoys the effects of pregnancy, but I do know the gift it is and how precious this time is I get to experience it. I also know how quickly it can be taken away.

These next few weeks are going to be filled with more surrender of myself and more joy than I can imagine. Thankful does not even begin to describe how incredibly grateful I am. There are no words to describe the gratitude I have, but I am trying to live my life in a way that honors and brings God glory.

Through the physical pain of the last few weeks of pregnancy, labor, and recovery, my heart is full! Thank you Lord for letting me experience one more of your greatest miracles!

Here are some pictures of our most recent trip to IKEA to pick up the last things needed for the baby's room.




my view, the young one in the cart, and the 2 older ones ahead with daddy, my heart melts!


-Erin


3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you to meet your new little one. I hope these next few weeks fly by and that you feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are so cute! I'm so excited for you to welcome your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God sorprised our family with our first two boys! And I love idea. I will be emailing you soon to get your winnings to you! thanks for your patience

    ReplyDelete