Tuesday, March 6, 2012

in the middle

I am a middle child, typical or not, it is kind of funny that I find myself in the middle on a lot of things. Never too extreme on any end of things. This for the most part serves me well. I am able to see both sides of a situation and tend not to have too much drama in my life. I do enjoy things greatly and do feel happy most of the time, but I can also gage other's emotions and adjust my actions and temperament accordingly.

Lately things have been a little different. Life is getting busier and I am getting slower, ha! My attitude has been a little harder to control, the back pain at times seems too much, there is always something that needs to be done.

I have been getting great encouragement from my morning devotions and this morning was no different.

We give no offense in anything, that our ministry may not be blamed. But in all things we commend ourselves as ministers of God: in much patience, in tribulations, in needs, in distresses, in stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in sleeplessness, in fastings; by purity, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Spirit, by sincere love, by the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armor of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, by honor and dishonor, by evil report and good report; as deceivers, and yet true; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold we live; as chastened, and yet not killed; as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
2 Corinthians 6:3-10

It is not by my strength that I will get through things. I have a God that takes my burdens and fill me with his spirit to guide me along and comfort me especially when things get hard. 

Now being 9 months pregnant I am a little more emotional than normal, but I am so thankful that even through my unreasonableness, God is there to comfort my heart and bring the truth of his perspective back to me.


the list continues


176. yet another week of baby safe in the womb
177. starting the tradition of Sabbath
178. God's learning curve
179. a last minute date night with my husband
180. a few sunny days
181. forgiveness
182. friendships that point to Jesus
183. a flower for mommy




184. a little more organizing completed
185. one week closer to meeting this little boy
186. my son making friends
187. spending time with friends
188. my boys maturing
189. doing fun projects with a friend
190. making this house a little more of a home
191. opportunities to grow
192. having so much we get to donate
193. seeing my son learn a hard lesson
194. God's call for repentance
195. colors that make me smile
196. there is always joy in the Lord
197. God's protection over us
198. that there is always a way to serve and encourage
199. blessing for obedience
200. learning more about God's faithfulness and truth each day


-Erin

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erin! Wanted you to know that I popped over to read your "38 weeks" post and have stuck around here catching up on how you have been doing. It sounds like God is really preparing you for what is about to happen, both in practical ways like the house and the baby shower, and also in your heart. How cool to see a girl so full of thankfulness at a time that could easily breed impatience and frustration. God bless you girl, and praying for a smooth and joyous transition into becoming a family of 5!

    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete