Wednesday, March 14, 2012

project overload

So here is a real look at my home in it's for the past month current state. 

We bought our home the last weekend in October. We were so blown away with how the Lord provided a house that really was move-in-ready. It was more than we ever thought we would have and we feel so blessed to have a space to raise this family and invite and welcome others in.

I am not the most creative and crafty person in a traditional way, I can't sew, or write well, and I don't normally come up with really creative ideas for anything, ha! But I do love to make my home a comfortable and welcoming space for my family and others.

Having all boys sometimes limits my outlet, considering none of them want a space that is, "too girly!" Fortunately I like clean lines and simple decorations.

Although our house was move-in-ready we had a different idea of the style of decor we wanted. Not too big of a deal, but I think I forgot to mention I was nearly 5 months pregnant when we moved in, and I am not very good at not getting things started right away. Only problem is as we started projects (not to mention also having to unpack) I became more and more pregnant... I forgot that happens. 

There is so much that we have finished, but these are some of the projects that are in mid process. I am not sure how or if they will get done before the baby comes, but one can dream, right?! 

a painting that I am being brave about by priming over and painting something else

doors...

doors...

and more doors that need the last few coats of paint.

although these people look nice, they came with the frame

I am going to paint a C in the big frame and need to add a picture in the small one

the 'nursery' is mostly organized, just very plain

gifts from the baby shower do need to be put away

and a box of stuff waiting to go to Goodwill.

Our plan for the baby's room is to paint all the trim and moldings white, paint the walls, and add decoration. Again our goal is to be done before the baby is born, but since I am less than 3 weeks from my due date and also taking care of my 3 boys, ummmmmm yeah.

I love having goals to accomplish, but even more so I love that my worth is not found in finishing these tasks. It sometimes gets a little frustrating being hindered by the size of my belly and lack of energy, but this is such a special an unique time. As much as I will enjoy the projects when they are done, I am much more enjoying this time of anticipation and somewhat forced (from lack of energy) rest time that I am in.

This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it. 
Psalm 118:24


-Erin

2 comments:

  1. You painted the picture! Wahoo! Can't wait to see how it turns out. I think you should also post a picture of that awesome paper-in-frames collage in your living/family room, because it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to see what you do with the canvas either! i bought a H-U-G-E ugly painting at Goodwill just for the canvas, did i mention how huge it was, lol?!?! i've yet to do anything with. one the doors and trim i know your pain! our other house had the same thing, the best thing we found was the 3in1 primer paint, two coats and we were done. i luv your attitude about ur worth not being in finishing those tasks. i wish i could wrap my head around that one!

    ReplyDelete