Thursday, April 5, 2012

Nursery!

*update*
I am linking with Kelly's Korner, I have 2 other kids room that are near complete, but have yet to take pictures. :) Here is my living room and kitchen.

I mentioned in an earlier post all of the house stuff I am working on and the things I still had not gotten to. Well nesting kicked in right in time and my husband and I did the nursery about 1 week before the baby was born.

Plans had to change a little when the sheets we were going to purchase ended up being on back order until June! The sheets were really going to be the only "decoration" used, but I love what we ended up doing even better.

The nursery isn't the most traditional, but it couldn't fit what we wanted any more.

It definitely went through stages of chaos during our working on it.


everything is in the middle of the room so we could paint


We painted all of the wood trim white as well as a fresh coat of white paint on 3 of the walls. Removed the dated closet doors, and painted an accent wall.


We also changed the light fixture and put in new blinds.


the world map is this decal that we love, but was a lot of work to put up


to add a little color we replaced the closet doors with a red curtain.


and I painted the blue part of this toy container the same color of the accent wall


I love the simplicity of the room. I function best in clean spaces, and I couldn't feel more relaxed in this room! It was an added bonus to have it done before the baby was born. I know he won't know the difference, but it makes me happy to be able to show my love by making him a special space.


-Erin









five days five ways | feature friday free for all           

3 comments:

  1. Erin, my dear, props to you for completing this creative and stylish undertaking in the midst of all you had going on before this guy came! Thanks for sharing this drab to fab transformation. This week's party is live again, thanks so much for linking up to the party!

    http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/04/drab-to-fab-link-up-12-features.html

    Congrats! Have a lovely weekend! :)

    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wall map. Finally found my way here via Kelly's Korner. It's fun to see how others do up their nurseries. Great to get ideas for my first little one!

    ReplyDelete