Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Copycat

I have noticed on blogs copycat is usually referring to copying an outfit, but I am am referring to a project I did yesterday.

I am not always the best at figuring out how to do things, with 4 young ones to take care of, the energy and sound mind isn't always there. However copying someone elses idea...perfect!

Since moving into our house we have done a lot of painting, which means the old yucky blinds were taken down and not put back up. So the kitchen window has been bare which wasn't an issue until the sun started setting later. Now the sun shines right in my eyes while trying to cook dinner. The window needed a prettier replacement than blinds, but I wasn't sure what.

I saw this tutorial on making a roman shade with fabric and blinds. Since I don't sew, I did the no sew version.

the bare window

my yucky blinds and fabric

my mess of blinds

it worked!






I am seriously a little shocked I was able to do this. It was so easy and almost impossible to screw up. Yay for simple things that make me feel crafty, plus it was fun!

-Erin





five days five ways  feature friday free for all                     Chic on a Shoestring Decorating



2 comments:

  1. Yay, it looks great! I love the fabric that you chose...so glad that you tried it and thanks for linking back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love it! Great job. Good for you for giving it a try. I think I'd be too scared!

    ReplyDelete