Friday, June 1, 2012

My Living Room

This is probably the first room in the house that was completed. When we bought and moved into our new house while I was 5 months pregnant, I was very relieved that our furniture fit into this room and could even be set up the way I had it and loved it before we moved.

This is the first room you see when you enter through the front door. I love our sofas! When I first saw them I fell in love and would frequently picture our living room with them, but they were a little out of our small couch budget we had at the time. We saved up (in my mind for them, although my husband wasn't aware) and when we started looking for new sofas we went back to where I had seen them and it was still love! We have had them for over 2 years now and they still make me smile.



I saw this idea and loved the storage solution for board games

this is where we place our shoes, I decided to leave them there to keep it real


All the framing, and base boards, and doors were the color of the wood floor. I spent many awkward hours painting it during my last trimester. We also painted the walls, they were originally dingy white with lots of scuffs. Eventually we will put in hard wood floors, but I love it the way it is now too.

-Erin









five days five ways  feature friday free for all

6 comments:

  1. So many things I love about this space! First, I heart IKEA, and have the same shelves. Second, what is it you used for your board game storage? Brilliant. I am so pinning this so I remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea using the shopping cart to store games!
    You're home is beautifully decorated. The mix of colors and textures is wonderful.
    You've done an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That big bookshelf is so nice and just fits in your room perfectly! Very neat and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a cart for board games, too! I saw it a while ago and loved it! where did you find yours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you loved those couches! I like the shelves too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Love the place to keep shoes, what a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete