Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Boy Mom Blog Hop

I am so excited to meet other moms and participate in the Boy Mom Blog Hop!

I am mom to four boys


My oldest boy is 8 years old. He has the kindest heart and is so compassionate toward others. 


My second boy is 5. He has such a pure heart and is always saying things that make me laugh.


My third boy is 2.5 and he carries that title well. He is full of life and does everything with such excitement!


My baby and fourth boy is 3 months old. He is a snuggle bug and his brothers refer to him as cutie boy.



I have been married to my husband for 9 years and am loving this journey the Lord has us on.

This blog is about life through my perspective. I try to glorify God in everything I do, and I pray this blog does that. 

I get to be a stay at home mom. I sometimes put the pressure on myself to do it perfectly, and am constantly growing and learning more and more how to let the Holy Spirit lead and guide me.

I also have a really good sense of humor, but am still learning how to communicate that in my writing. 

My boys are typical boys, they love building forts, riding bikes, and playing outside. Whenever we go to a restaurant we love to play I Spy. Even my 2 year old participates by repeating our guesses.

I get questions all the time on whether I was "trying for that girl" or if I feel like something is missing only having boys. While the questions may come off rude, I do understand that some people are just curious. I was not able to choose the gender of these children, but even if I could I wouldn't change a thing. The Lord knew the family he would have my husband and I raise, and he fashioned our hearts to desire to have only boys. If that changes one day then great, and if not then great!

Being a mother is such an incredible gift, and "meeting" other boy moms is extra fun! I love being a part of such a unique community. Welcome to all you who visit, I am so glad you are here! I may never meet you or know who you are, but you are a blessing and loved!


-Erin








10 comments:

  1. I'm not a boy mom or a mom, but you know I love your blog. Your boys are the absolute cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the Blog Hop! Your boys are precious! My boys love forts and bike riding as well! Nice to meet you!

    Jennifer
    teachingboys.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping in from the blog hop. I always love the question, "Are they all yours?" Ummm. Yep. Then the look of shock on their faces... and I only have four kids! (3 boys and one sassy girl) . May God bless you in your motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a sweet post, Erin! I love this blog hop that is allowing me to meet other moms of boys who truly appreciate the awesome responsibility of raising the future men of the world. Your little boys are adorable. I, like you, wouldn't mind a bit if God chooses to only give me boys. What a blessing they are! So far, we have two boys, 5 and 1. I'll be following along with you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the blog hop. Nice to "meet" you and your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I'm here from the hop. Your boys are sooo adorable. I can tell by your sweet words that you put a lot of heart and soul into your writing and I appreciate that. :) I can't wait to look around some more!

    Missy @ http://gracefullittlehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi from another mum of four boys! Calling over from the blog hop too.

    http://lifeinmyhousefulofboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm here from the blog hop, and a another mom of 4 boys. Like you said above, wouldn't change a single thing! Looking forward to getting to know you! :)
    mycornersoftheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there,
    Visiting from the MOB blog hop. So glad to meet you. We also have 4 boys...ages 2, 4, 6 and 8. Your boys are adorable. I noticed a picture of them wearing Mariners shirts. Do you happen to live in WA? We live in North Bend, WA. Looking forward to reading more on your blog...just added you to my google reader.
    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am stopping by from the MOB blog hop (I'm still working through the list). I love your refreshing attitude. I imagined having a girl and dressing her up all pink and frilly - but I wouldn't trade my boys for all the girls in the world. LOVE THOSE MARINERS SHIRTS!!!! (die hard fan!) :) Blessings from Croatia (a Washington/Oregon transplant): A Little R & R: www.littlerandr.org

    ReplyDelete