Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mother

A title that I have been so graciously chosen to acquire. I stay at home and have always LOVED being able to, but last night I had an overwhelming appreciation for this calling.


To be honest, I have been struggling a bit since I had my son a little over three months ago. I am not struggling so much in loving what I do, but I still don't feel fully recovered from the pregnancy and birth. Physically my body is doing great, however I just feel so T-I-R-E-D!


But last night was so good! My husband and I help out at our church's youth group and a group of high school students just got back from Haiti. They were giving a recap of their experience which was awesome, and I was standing in the back holding my little baby and comforting him only the way a mother can. 


I held him through worship time and then right after I went to the room where my other three boys were being watched. Seriously, someone pinch me! How did I get chosen to be the mom of these amazing gifts?! God is so good!


I know there are so many women that deeply desire to become a mother and have not been able to. I so strongly admire these women and pray for them. I have a greater appreciation for my children and am a better mom because of you!


I don't take my job lightly, but I do it with joy and thankfulness!


And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.  Colossians 3:17





Thank you Lord for these boys!


-Erin




3 comments:

  1. It's hard sometimes for sure. But, like you, then I look at people I know who want SO badly to be a mom, and it makes life a bit easier. I always say, staying at home is the HARDEST job there is, but definitely rewarding!! And you have the sweetest boys to show for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. erin - u r an amazing momma! your boys are precious and just as lucky to have you as a momma as you are to be their momma! i'm praying for you to have a quicker recovery from your tiredness than you've been having.

    ReplyDelete