Monday, July 30, 2012

refreshed

Today I am excited and overwhelmed by God's goodness! I went to a playgroup with mostly first time moms. At most, a couple of the moms had 2 kiddos.

It was so refreshing to be around other moms in a similar stage with a little one, and plus who can not feel energized by all the baby cuteness!

After playgroup we were able to go and visit my husband for lunch. The boys love getting to see Daddy during the work day, and my husband and I love to see each other too!

On my way home I was reminded of the privilege it is to be able to raise these boys! God has allowed me to be the one to pour wisdom and love into them. Such a special calling I get to have for this season of life.

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.  Deuteronomy 6:4-8


There is so much I want to teach them, but my biggest desire and goal is live these verses out. Especially the part about speaking about the Lord all the time. 


Daily I am humbled by opportunity to be one of the biggest roles in raising these boy to be strong men in the Lord. They all have beautiful hearts and love others so well!

I pray that I can love them with God's love and teach them to love others with God's love, as well as showing them the truth that God loves them!



Goodness, these boys bring a smile to my face! May you all be blessed and encouraged today!



-Erin






2 comments:

  1. They ate such beautiful boys. You are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome to have other moms u can connect with. they are so precious!

    ReplyDelete