Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hello 30

Monday was my actual birthday, but the celebration started on Saturday. My friends and family blessed me beyond belief. I am a very lucky girl!


*picture overload*
birthday party dress

singing with my love

I added a belt last minute and used pinterest for the idea of tying it, plus my new favorite necklace



love him!

birthday day date with my husband


3 of my 4 at dinner, the baby was in his carrier

blowing out my third birthday candle

I sort of feel like I have an opportunity for a fresh beginning. Moving on from the struggles and insecurities that I tend to hold on to far too long, and focus more on loving and serving others. 

The Lord has always made me aware and called me to be an encourager, but I want to grow in that even more. 

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.  Ephesians 4:29


I don't just want to say encouraging words, I want to avoid any talk that could possibly offend or put someone down.

This was brought about by unintentional insensitive words spoken to me about my lack of physical triumphs and age, not things that would normally bother me, but with all the emotional and physical changes from having a baby, the things said brought me down. But the Lord being so gracious, used it to bring to my attention how as a Christ follower my words really do need to be guarded if I want to truly be a light. Even jokes or questions can bring a person down.

Set a guard over my mouth, Lordkeep watch over the door of my lips.   Psalm 141:3

My boys and I repeat this verse over and over everyday. Every time an unkind or unloving thing is said, we remind ourselves of it.

This also means for me not to let fear rule and let my shyness stop me from building others up with words.

I am excited to be more intentional about being joyful and being an encourager and light! Here's to 30 and working hard to show the world who Christ really is and to share his love!


-Erin

pleated poppy

10 comments:

  1. Here's to 30!!! Love what you said about your words. Loved all of the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! I love all the pictures. Your outfits are always so cute. Great idea from Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday!!! loving that dress & belt. your family is adorable!
    over from pleated poppy wiww. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 30th! Looks like a fabulous time with your boys! I wish more people I've met had the desire to lift people up instead of putting them down (usually to try and make themselves feel better). I am also shy so I totally understand what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to your 30s. It's a ball! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erin! Popping in to say hello & thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog =) I'm so glad to have you as a new follower! You are absolutely adorable & have a precious family! I love what you mentioned about our words & how they truly need to be guarded. I needed this reminder! Have a great weekend! {Hope that sweet baby starts sleeping through the night soon, haha! Would you believe that the DAY I posted about Lulla sleeping through the night, that she started waking up every morning at 4! Go figure! =)}

    ReplyDelete
  7. luv the pix - looks like you and the family had an amazing day. sorry to hear that thoughtless words and actions hurt your heart, it bothers me so when people are hurt. i'll be praying for you, and i need to work on this myself. thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey girly! i nominated you for the versatile blogger award!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am a new follower & pretty pumped!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well I just LOVE your little necklace! Happy….very late... birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete