Monday, September 10, 2012

my heart aches

It has been awhile since I have visited this little blog of mine. I still haven't fully committed to what I want it to look like or be about.

I was going to share a silly little post about this most awesome nail polish I just got, and I may share on it later, but life happens and I am just going to write and see where this goes.

Last week was a heart breaking make you feel sick to your stomach kind of week. A little girl that goes to the playgroup I take my kids to passed away. It was a tragic accident and therefore completely unexpected. She was the cutest, most soft spoken little 4 year old girl.

As hard is it was for me to process this, my heart just aches for her family. They are surrounded by much love and being lifted up by many prayers. This sweet little girl is with Jesus, but her family is here and dealing with not being able to love on there little girl in person.

This was another reminder that these boys that I have are not mine but the Lord's. I pray that I parent them accordingly. May God be glorified in them and through them, and may I cherish all the moments I get with them. They are the most amazing gifts I have and ever will receive.

I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.        Ecclesiastes 3:9-11

Thank you God for your promises and your faithfulness!

-Erin


                  

2 comments:

  1. oh erin, i'm so sorry to hear this! we will b lifting this family up in our prayers. and ur right they are His first and ours secondly, i pray for strength, understanding and comforting for this family and all those impacted by this accident that called one of His sweet baby angels home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! My heart breaks for this family. I just cannot imagine the pain and heartache they are suffering. When I read of such a tragedy, I can't help but feel a stab of pain as I imagine myself in their situation and losing one of my boys. I know that God gives us these gifts and that He decides when to take them and that he can give them so much more love than I can, but my selfish human heart refuses to even contemplate letting go. I am praying for this family that God will comfort them as only He can. If there is one thing I have gotten from blogging, it is reading about such families who God uses to show that He can bring us through the deepest darkest periods.

    ReplyDelete