Monday, October 29, 2012

more breathing room

Much more breathing room! As I was getting dressed this morning I remembered wearing the shirt I put on while pregnant, like almost 9 months pregnant. 

terrible lighting, I know.

This time around I was breathing much easier.

I noticed I squint my nose a lot.


photo bomb

It is so amazing to look back and see what God has made my body to able to do. Pregnancy can be quite uncomfortable, especially towards the end, but to be blessed with being able to carry, and birth, and raise this perfect little baby (and 3 others) is one of the greatest gifts ever!

This week marks the time where I experienced not one, but two miscarriages the same day 5 years apart. As much as I reflect and mourn the loss of those little babies, I am overwhelmed by God's goodness and healing. Last year on the 'anniversary' of the losses was a day of hope and joy, my very amazing doctor pulled in an ultrasound machine during a routine appointment and I got to find out the sweet little baby I was carrying is a boy! 

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.    Jeremiah 29:11

I would have never thought that being young and healthy I would have gone through such trouble in trying to stay pregnant, but I also could not have ever dreamed up a life as good as the one I am living. My faith has grown through these trials and I forever grateful for the way God showed up.

One of my favorite songs is Everything by Telecast


Our church was super blessed to have Josh White (the singer/writer of this song) as worship pastor for awhile and he described what he was going through when he wrote this song. So personal and touching and a beautiful way to sing praise to God through hard times and even good times. I just re-listened to this song about 5 times and am so filled.

God is good!

-Erin



pleated poppy

1 comment:

  1. You are so tiny, you look great. Praying for you as you remember your miscarriages. Love that Bible verse!

    ReplyDelete