Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wow! You are busy!

Oh the many, many times I have heard that being said in response to me telling them I have four boys, ha! I think it is code for, "Wow! You are crazy!" I never quite know how to respond, so I just smile and nod.

Truth is things are busy having four boys, but things are also so good! I am daily blessed by these little men!

This morning I came downstairs to a family room covered in cereal and toys everywhere. I did not take a picture, but this is not the first time this has happened, the first time it looked a little something like this.

just imagine the cereal spread all over the floor too!

The one thing that is the same from this picture and every other time this has happened, is that look of pride on the little boy that got his breakfast all by himself!

My "plan" before I saw the mess was to come downstairs and get some bible reading in while my boys played  nicely around me. Since there was no clean area on the carpet and I had the baby that needed to play, we can just say my plans changed. But so much blessing can be missed if I choose focus on the busyness that comes with four kids. So many smiles and opportunities to build up my kids would be lost.

I still was able to read my bible, not as much as I had originally thought and with many more disruptions than I had expected, but there was also love given by my sweet boys. The little one that made the mess kept saying, "Mama, I love you two... then three... then four... then six... then eight..." and so on! I am still giggling as I think on this.

A verse that through the many blessings I have been given (even put it on our Christmas card) is


Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,

The fruit of the womb is a reward.

Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them
psalm 127:3,5

So yes, I am busy!!! But I am so much more blessed!!! May you be blessed today!

-Erin



3 comments:

  1. Love it! Love the verse, and love that you feel more blessed than busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv it sweet friend! the verse is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you and your blog for the Liebster Award, wanted others toenjoy our blog like I do! Please check out the post for details.
    http://allthatglitter-mwimp.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-awardor-squeel.html

    ReplyDelete